Monday, January 25, 2016

The Absolute BEST Mac N Cheese You Will Ever Eat!!



I saw someone talking about using Gnocchi for their mac n cheese and I was immediately intrigued!  To be honest I had only used gnocchi one other time in my life and was not really sure what to do with it.  Needless to say, I was not impressed!  I had a package of Parmesan gnocchi in my freezer from working with Three Bridges a while back.  I decided to give Gnocchi mac n cheese a try!



  • First I boiled one 12 oz. package of Parmesan Gnocchi for 3 minutes and added to a greased casserole dish.  I added three small home grown jalapenos!  ( If you leave Jalapenos on the bush for a longer period of time they turn red, I tend to leave some on because I like the pop of color!)
  • Next in a small sauce pan I added 4 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup whole milk, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tsp minced garlic, dry basil, Himalayan sea salt, and pepper to taste.  Simmer until cream cheese is melted (stirring constantly)  I poured this on top of the Gnocchi and then topped with sliced mesquite turkey from the deli.

  • I then added grated cheese on top of that

  • Sprinkled some Parmesan bread crumbs on top and placed in a preheated 350 degree oven until cheese was bubbly.  approximately 8 minutes.


  • The top has some crisp to it due to the bread crumbs, the inside was the creamiest, most fluffy, delicious Mac n Cheese I have ever tasted!!
I served inside a Parmesan cheese bowl, which I highly recommend!!!






Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:

  • 12 oz package Gnocchi
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 1/4 c. milk
  • Minced garlic
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • dry basil
  • salt
  • pepper
  • jalapenos (however many depending on your heat preference)
  • sliced turkey (Bacon would also be great!)
  • 1 C. shredded cheese 
  • bread crumbs 



No comments:

Post a Comment