I saw someone talking about using Gnocchi for their mac n cheese and I was immediately intrigued! To be honest I had only used gnocchi one other time in my life and was not really sure what to do with it. Needless to say, I was not impressed! I had a package of Parmesan gnocchi in my freezer from working with Three Bridges a while back. I decided to give Gnocchi mac n cheese a try!
- First I boiled one 12 oz. package of Parmesan Gnocchi for 3 minutes and added to a greased casserole dish. I added three small home grown jalapenos! ( If you leave Jalapenos on the bush for a longer period of time they turn red, I tend to leave some on because I like the pop of color!)
- Next in a small sauce pan I added 4 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup whole milk, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tsp minced garlic, dry basil, Himalayan sea salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer until cream cheese is melted (stirring constantly) I poured this on top of the Gnocchi and then topped with sliced mesquite turkey from the deli.
- I then added grated cheese on top of that
- Sprinkled some Parmesan bread crumbs on top and placed in a preheated 350 degree oven until cheese was bubbly. approximately 8 minutes.
- The top has some crisp to it due to the bread crumbs, the inside was the creamiest, most fluffy, delicious Mac n Cheese I have ever tasted!!
I served inside a Parmesan cheese bowl, which I highly recommend!!!