Thursday, January 28, 2016

Kid Friendly Salad :)

I don't know what it is, but I can't put any type of vegetable in front of my kids and expect them to eat it unless it's a carrot stick!  I am constantly trying to find ways to get their veggies in them, and I was pleasantly surprised the other night when I looked around the table at dinner and all three of them finished their salads!!  Wait, What did I just say?  Yes you heard it correctly, ALL three of my kids ate vegetables without one complaint or scrunched up nose!  Yay me!!  So if you too have children refusing to eat their vegetables, I encourage you to give this salad a try!


Now the trick is to not call it "Salad", but rather fruit salad!!  By calling it fruit salad, the thought of vegetables leave their head and they are all about the fruit!  I totally just sang a song in my office, "it's all about the fruit, bout the fruit, no veggies!"  Hehehe :)  

Here is all I put inside this "fruit" salad...

  • Romain lettuce
  • organic baby spinach
  • fresh diced strawberries
  • fresh dices pears
  • Hemp Seeds
That is it!  The cool thing is, this would also make a great lunch if you are dieting!  We ate it all up, no dressing required because the fruit is so sweet!  The hemp seeds add a nice nutty flavor and some added protein!  

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment