Here is a little poem written during free time at the local Elementary school.
Hats, masks, whips, and makeup.
Come on! No Sleep! Just WAKE UP!
Get your biggest bags of all,
To fill with treats and bouncy balls.
Get out the pumpkin,
Light the candle.
Fire is one thing you need to handle.
Hold out the bag,
Then a person is there to meet.
All this candy will come in handy'
Eat, eat, eat the tasty treat!
When you open your mouth to shout,
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, will come right out!!
A.M.O age 10
Friday, October 17, 2014
I have recently seen some of my blogging friends taking on the challenge of answering 50 questions in order to help their readers get to know them better. I have decided to jump with both feet in and join in on the fun!! So here it goes...Getting to Know Me in 50 questions!
- What are you wearing? a tank top and sweats...I know, I'm super fancy and stuff ;)
- Have you ever been in love? Absolutely! Being in Love is a wonderful feeling :)
- How tall are you? I am 5 feet 7 inches
- Ever been through a terrible break up? Ugh...yes! That is all I've got to say about that ;)
- How much do you weigh? A whopping 120 pounds!
- Any tattoos? No...not yet. Planning on one soon in memory of our Son, Zaiden. R.I.P
- Any piercings? just one hole in each of my ears. Got my ears pierced at age 13!
- Favorite Fictional couple? Baby and Johnny on Dirty Dancing!! haha...I know!!
- Favorite Show? Survivor, New Girl, Raising Hope, Master Chef, Hells Kitchen
- Favorite Music? Bob Marley
- Something you miss? My parents! Lost both of them at young ages to Cancer :(
- Favorite Song? Imagine by John Lennon...
- How old are you? 40 born in December of 1974
- Zodiac Sign? Sagittarius
- Quality you look for in a partner? Someone who makes me laugh and a hard worker!
- Favorite quote? Live your life in a way that someday everything will be known.
- Favorite Actor? Jim Carrey
- Loud Music or Soft? Depends on my mood, but usually soft!
- Where do you go when you are sad? In the shower! You can cry without anyone knowing..
- When was the last time you cried? September 15th
- How long does it take you to shower? I am usually pretty quick!
- How long to get ready in the morning? 30 minutes...shower, dress, comb hair, brush teeth...
- Ever been in a physical fight? Nope, I'm a lover not a fighter! :)
- Turn on? someone who makes me laugh.
- Turn off? eating ribs on a first date and stinking of cigarettes :/ Blah!!!
- Reason you started blogging? I have always loved to write! I have kept a journal since I was the age of 8!
- Fear? Unfortunately I have a lot of fears! Fear of cars, heights, my children getting injured, and so on, and so on....
- Last Thing that made you cry? Losing our son :(
- Last time you told someone you loved them? twenty minutes ago, I told my husband!
- Meaning behind your blog name? oiy...I wish I would have put more thought into it! Buckeye is where I live Mom's because I am a mom Meet because we meet everyday topics. Hence the name BuckeyeMomsMeet
- Last Book You Read? The Bible
- Book you are currently reading? Always go to the Bible if I'm up for reading :)
- Last Show you watched? Survivor...love a good blindside!!
- Last Person You Talked to? other than my family...my neighbor!
- Relationship between you and the last person you texted? former co-worker.
- Favorite Food? Top Ramen...Haha...I can live off this stuff!
- Place you want to visit? Costa Rica
- Last Place you were? San Diego, California
- Do you have a crush? Yes...I have a mad crush on my husband!! Fall in love with him over and over again daily!!!
- Last Time you kissed someone? kissed my family good morning.
- Favorite Flavor of sweet? Reese's peanut butter cups.
- Last Time you were Insulted? I can't recall?? I just assume everyone is joking or not worth getting insulted by??
- Instrument you play? I have a set of Bongo drums and a finger piano...
- Favorite piece of jewelry? My mom's wedding band.
- Last sport you played? Volleyball
- Last Song you sang? I've been a bad bad girl by Fiona Apple
- Last place you camped? Lake Pleasant in Arizona
- Favorite Line From a movie? A lot of lines from "The Three Amigos" an old family inside joke favorite :)
- Last Time you hung out with anyone? Just this week, my husband and I hung out with an old friend!
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me better! Thank you for following BuckeyeMomsMeet! Have a wonderful day!!!
In this day and age with everyone's nose in a smart phone, Ipad, or other device, face to face communication is becoming a thing of the past! It has come too easy to send a text or quick reply, message someone on facebook or email. Today's online chatter has actually caused our families to become more and more disconnected. The new age is great for the shy or extrovert, great for the children with selective mutism or social anxiety...or is it?? It has become so easy to communicate without actually speaking a word to someone, that these folks are able to climb deeper into their hole, soon to never escape! We are losing the critical life skill of effective face to face communication. I, myself suffer from some social anxiety and if something isn't able to be done via email you might as well count me out! As many of you know we have a daughter who suffers from Selective Mutism, she has been in treatment and is doing much better, but she does still have her "quiet" days.
We make it a point in our family to sit down to dinner every night together and have a discussion about our day.
Another way we try and keep open communication and togetherness in our family is to have family movie and game nights. We recently sat down together for family game night with a game from Harvest Time Partners.
Harvest Time Partners, Inc. was formed over 20 years ago to provide resources to support and encourage individuals, families, and organizations to reach their full potential in an increasingly complex and uncertain world. In addition to it's award winning conversation games, harvest time partners provides custom programs designed to increase personal effectiveness, enhance character development, and strengthen the bonds of marriage and family.
Our family played the board game, Abundant Harvest For Teens & Adults. The purpose of this game is to help families and educators open the door to communication, encourage decision making based on principles such as honesty, loyalty, and commitment with the intent of reinforcing the law of harvest..."you reap what you sow". In this game you spend quality time together discussing real-life situations, encouraging your teen or adult to open up about dealing with their reality.
This particular game is from 2-8 players recommended ages 13- adult. In this game you move around a game board while reading different scenario cards out loud. The player then makes a decision using a principle from his/her principle card to support his/her decision to the scenario. Each scenario card ends with the phrase, "what would you do?"
I enjoyed listening to my children's answers to each of the scenarios. I learned my kids have a great heart and are always wanting to help those in need. The game did indeed open up our family to communication. If there is something i would change about the game, I would add some happier scenarios to it. The game brings about a lot of life topics that are good to talk about, but each one was a bit negative per say. Bringing more happy scenarios would make this game an A+ in my book.
I do recommend Harvest Time Partners and their products to my readers! I think they have put a lot of thought into helping families and educators. I am interested in purchasing the Abundant Harvest For Kids game next which is focused on ages 7 an up for the younger kiddos in the family. So if you are interested in a game to open up to one another and help build character skills I recommend you check out all that Harvest Time Partners has to offer!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Friday, October 10, 2014
Right now at Tolmachoff Farm it is Pumpkin Days/ Corn Maze! They have a six acre corn maze with a new theme each year, (we did the family corn maze, you search for pieces of your map as you walk through) each piece of your map awaits you in a mail box hidden deep inside the maze. I will admit it is much harder than you would think! I do recommend grabbing a bottle of water before heading into the maze! We did not, and I was quite certain I was going to die and never be found until it was corn harvesting time! Thank goodness as soon as we were sure we were lost for good, a nice young man would appear in his orange Tolmachoff farm shirt and point us in the right direction! You can spend a good hour inside the maze! It was a great adventure my kids will remember for a lifetime!
After we had a wonderful time exploring all the fun the farm had to offer we decided to relax in the shade for some Pumpkin Painting!!
Once we were done painting pumpkins we decided to grab another from the Pumpkin patch for Halloween!
So if you are looking for some fun this fall season or just want to spend a day out on the farm with some furry friends I recommend heading to Tolmachoff Farms in Glendale, Arizona! Right now, every Friday and Saturday night through Halloween Tolmachoff farms also is hosting a Haunted Corn Maze: AZ Field Of Screams (dare to enter)!
Like I said FUN for the whole family!!!
5726 N. 75th Ave.
Glendale, AZ. 85303
1/4 mile south of Bethany Home Rd on the west side of 75th Ave.
Now go on...get to the Farm!!! Those pumpkins aren't going to paint themselves you know! :)
Thank you, Gracie Tolmachoff For allowing our family to visit your beautiful farm! We had the most amazing time!
Disclosure: Tolmachoff Farms and Us Family Guide provided my family with free admission to tour the farm in exchange for a review. No other compensation was received and all opinions expressed here are that of my own!