Thursday, February 6, 2014

Learning to appreciate the little things in life...

     Sometimes the normal grind of life takes away from the little things we should be more focused on!  Our lives are very short.  Sometimes I find myself waking up, getting ready for work, working all day, cooking dinner and going to bed!  Spending hours on end focused and not paying attention!  We tend to go about our day in such repetition we forget to appreciate those "little things".


     In order to appreciate the "little" things in life we first need to know what they are.  My "little thing" and yours may be completely different but we all have them!  As you stroll through life you become more and more aware what "little" things were personally picked out for you to experience and appreciate.  You need to keep your eyes and ears open at all times, for you wouldn't want to miss a good one!  Here are some little things I have come to appreciate in my life...



  • The sun rise
  • The sun set
  • A wish on a falling star
  • a child's eye lashes
  • A mothers unconditional love
  • The strong hand of a father
  • A rainbow in the light of a full moon
  • A sincere hug upon greeting someone you care about
  • A butterfly fluttering by heading in no apparent direction
  • A child's smile reflecting in a Christmas ball
  • The rhythm of windshield wipers
  • Splashing in puddles
  • The unknown secrets of a magician
  • a fallen leaf dancing to the rhythm of a gusty day
  • The scent of your child
  • A glistening fire with a random crackle on a snow covered day
  • A naked tree branch balancing a pile of snowflakes
  • Chirping birds in the spring time
  • The creak of a swing set
  • A perfect rose embracing a lone water droplet
  • A mountain top emerging from the clouds below
  • A newborn baby's cry
  • A puppies energy
  • A firefighters bravery
  • An elderly's wisdom
  • A young child's curiosity
  • The feel of warm bath water on your skin
  • The smell of rain
  • Twirling around until you get dizzy
  • A good song on the radio
  • A child's first steps
  • The drumming of raindrops on an umbrella
  • The soft glow of a candle
  • Knowing what love feels like
  • A hundred year old tree
  • A gentle kiss in the pouring rain
  • Family!!!!!!

Today and everyday try and notice the "little" things because one day you will find those "little" things were really quite BIG!  Enjoy your day!

What are some "little" things you have come to enjoy in your life?


27 comments:

  1. That is a great list of little things. It is so important to pay attention to the little things. One of my favorite little things is when my baby holds my finger while nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these little things that just surround us all the time that we may not spend the time thinking about. Great reminder to remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great reminders that I definitely need. With the kids out for summer I find myself so wrapped up in keeping the kids busy. I need to take time to enjoy the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! So often I forget to stop and be thankful for all the small things in life, that make it wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these little things. Today as we walked in Washington DC with family we looked at all of the super old trees. They are amazing, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how a good song on the radio can take you back to any point in time. Those are the things I love to remember. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Too often I forget to stop and smell the flowers, literally. It sometimes take my children to remind me then I embrace it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these. Each and everyone of them. So many thinks on the list that I take for granted. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. It's hard to appreciate the little things sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so important to appreciate the little things. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this list. I try really hard to appreciate the little things because it keeps me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is the little things in life that counts the most!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes. Yes. Yes. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the list. Thank you for sharing. It really is the small things that we should appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great list! I am trying to appreciate the little things with my kids as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These subtle treasures are truly gifts of this world, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Speaking of falling starts - August is the Leonids meteor shower and you just reminded me I need to mark my calendar for it. I always go out to make a wish for Levi since that's the month he was born.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Little Things I Enjoy: A chubby dog sleeping by my feet, a really good pillow, my favorite yoga pants, nature, being in nature with my kids and my job. :) Great post! Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this list and agree with many of them. I have never seen a rainbow in the moonlight...that sounds spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all your "little things." My "little things": candlelight, kids' boundless energy, puppy kisses, strong tea, good song on a radio, blue sky, a ladybug that landed on me, someone spilling the milk and that someone wiping it up before I could say a word... I have so many! I do yoga every day and it does a really good job of training mind to appreciate little things.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your list! I love so many things you mentioned. I would add the smell of cupcakes or a freshly bathed child, having someone brush your hair, glancing at your spouse as you watch your child revel in their accomplishments, the sound of the waves at the ocean. I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is such a great list. And I agree with you, it's important to appreciate even the little things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The back of a baby's head when their sitting in your lap.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Completely agree, and I love your list too - I feel better even just for reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, the "little things" become the most important memories. Let your body rest and relax and just enjoy the best life has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're so right. It's important to enjoy the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this. And I would love to splash in puddles with my kids more. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete