Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Bitten by the flu bug...

     It seems just last week I was boasting to my husband at dinner time about how healthy our family has been this year!  No real sicknesses to mention, then BAM!  Today I find myself calling into work with two very sick kids!  As I sit here in my living room two sickies layed out on the couch, the sound of a two bubbling humidifiers, coughing, sneezing, and moaning I am really considering dressing up like a bank robber and covering every one of my orifices to block out the germ!  I know that sounds silly, but if you could see the Mt. Everest size mountain of tissues overflowing our trashcan you might consider the same!   Every time one of us gets sick now, I picture that darn Musinex commercial with all the ugly germs having a party.  As much as I love to host a party and love my party guest to have the best time ever, these party guests have got to go!!  It is kind of ironic in a way, next week I am hosting a Houseparty for Puffs with lotion.  It would be great to get my party pack a little early and let the sampling begin!
     So we caught it...now what?  My favorite thing to do is go all natural!  Time to mix up some concoctions (my husband calls it weird voodoo drinks) but whatever you want to call it, I try and live by the idea that our Mother nature provides us with the best medicine!  Apple cider Vinegar with the mother is my favorite!  I mix 2tsp of ACV with echinacea and goldenseal in a warm mug of water and add honey to sweeten it up!  Homemade chicken noodle soup is good for your body and good for the sole!  Lots and lots of water to drown those ugly little party goers, moist air and lots of rest!
     The germs are out there, are you going to host the next party?  Take your vitamins, get plenty of rest, stay hydrated, and wash those hands!  Til next time, May good health be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment