Monday, February 29, 2016

St.Patrick's Day DIY Pot O' Gold Party Favors


I don't know if it's the Irish in me, but I have always enjoyed Saint Patrick's Day!  This year my kids are putting together these cute little Pots O' Gold to hand out to their friends at school!  These are super easy to make and very affordable!  Not to mention lots of fun!!

Things You Will Need:

  • Package of small black cauldrons ( I got a package of 12 at Party City for $2.49)
  • Green Easter grass
  • sparkle ribbon
  • white school glue
  • green glitter
  • sparkle pipe cleaners
  • Happy St. Patricks Day tooth picks (also at Party City)
  • gold colored candy ( we opted for the gold chocolate coins and Werthers Original)

Directions:

  • cut a pipe cleaner in half and wrap around handle of cauldron
  • paint white school glue on the cauldron with a small paint brush
  • sprinkle green glitter onto glue (allow to dry)
  • wrap neck of cauldron with ribbon
  • put small clump of Easter grass, gold candy and tooth pick into cauldron
  • I had some puffy stickers so I added one on the front for fun :)
  • Enjoy!!  


These little sparkly beauties were less than a dollar per Pot O' Gold and were a fun little project for the kiddos!  They are excited to bring them to their besties come March 17th!!

1 comment: