Thursday, February 25, 2016

Creamy Chicken, Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Pasta!!


Warning!  This is NOT diet food!  My poor husband is in a weight loss challenge with his co-workers and I have not been very nice with my choice of dinners.  Although this meal is not diet friendly, it can be your taste buds best friend!  I have to give myself a pat on the back with this one, I truly outdid myself!  Haha!  I love spinach artichoke dip, but don't get it often enough, usually only around super bowl party time.  I decided to do a spin off of my original spinach artichoke dip and make a delightful dinner.  I promise you will not be disappointed in this one!

Things you need:

  • 2 C shredded roasted chicken ( I shredded a rotisserie chicken I purchased at the deli)
  • 14 oz can artichoke hearts Chopped in food processor
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 8 oz softened cream cheese
  • 1 cup mozzarella
  • 3/4 C Parmesan/Romano grated cheese
  • 1 C frozen spinach 
  • 1/2 C diced bell pepper
  • 1 jar pesto Alfredo sauce
  • 15 lasagna noodles

Instructions:

  • combine shredded chicken, chopped artichoke, garlic, spinach, bell pepper, mozzarella, Parmesan, softened cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.  mix together well!
  • cook lasagna noodles until al dente and drain
  • coat bottom of 9x13 cake pan with 1/2 the pesto Alfredo sauce
  • add about 2 tbsp. chicken mixture to middle of cooked lasagna noodle and roll up.
  • place stuffed pasta roll seam side down into pan
  • continue steps until all fifteen pasta noodles are stuffed and rolled
  • cover rolled pasta with remaining half of the pesto Alfredo
  • sprinkle top with desired amount of mozzarella and Parmesan
  • bake @ 350 F for 25 minutes
  • let set about five minutes and serve

Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment