Saturday, March 29, 2014

My husband went on dinner date and dancing with two girls!

My husband pulled up in the drive.  Exhausted from his extra long week at work he drug himself into the door.  He walked across the room and kissed me, said Hi to all three of our children who came out of the woodwork to greet their daddy, and he disappeared into our bedroom.  I watched from the other room as he searched through his closet for the perfect outfit.  He dressed, combed his hair and spritzed some cologne I could smell as he once again kissed me goodbye.  He was off on his date!  My heart was about to burst!

Last night my husband took our two daughters on their first ever father/daughter dance!  To love your children is one thing, to love your husband is another thing, to watch your husband love your children is the best thing!  I know he was exhausted!  I know he had a very busy stressful week at work, but there was nothing that was going to stop him from making these memories that will last a lifetime with his two girls!  My husband and I have been together for over twenty years and I continue to fall in love with him over and over again daily!

Now we are expecting our fourth child, which I must admit was not planned.  Am I scared?  A little.  Am I worried? Some.  Do I know it's all going to be O.K,  Absolutely!!  I know this because there are some good men still left out there!  Ones who will do anything for their families no matter how tired they are.  Who go above and beyond what is expected of them to insure a happy family.  I know these men exist because I have one!  I am not bragging, I am counting my blessings!  I am truly blessed!

It is not always a bad thing for your husband to go on a dinner and dancing date with two girls!  Life is short.  Children are little for only a short time.  Spend time with them.  Make memories with them, and Love them.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment